cr: to the owner
Name: Key (Kim Kibum)
Birthday: September 23rd, 1991 in Daegu, South Korea.
Biography: Key was a varsity water-skier in Dae Gu Yeong Shin Middle School and is known for his multilingual talents since he spent six weeks on an exchange in America. Key was discovered at the 2006 S.M. National Tour Audition Casting. Key was raised by his grandmother from birth. His mother was sick after giving birth and his father was busy with work. On October 10th, 2014 Key announced on his Instagram account that his grandmother died on September 23rd, 2014. Furthermore, he stated that he wanted to announce it on his own because it didn’t feel right for him to announce it through his company.
Random facts/Q&As from Seek Magazine in September of 2014.
1. What is your ideal age to get married?
A: I still have a lot of things I want to do so if I could, I want to get married late~.
2. What is your most wanted item this fall/winter?
A: I have not decided yet. But recently, I’ve been getting news from fashion-related people. I’m really thankful to my sources. I’m looking forward to hearing updates on the fall/winter fashion!
3. Lately, what is the most delicious food you’ve eaten?
A: My favorite shop’s pasta! It’s not just a regular cream pasta. They use the store’s special flavoring, which is their handmade tomato oil. The entire dish is handmade and it’s delicious, really delicious.
4. What is your charm point?
A: It’s not awesome but I think it’s my funny/interesting side (LOL).
5. What SHINee song would you recommend to lift someone’s spirit when they’re feeling down?
A: Boys Meet U
6. Which hairstyle do you prefer in a girl? Short, bob, semi-long, or long?
A: I think it’s more important to know if the hairstyle will suit that person. If it suits her, whatever hairstyle is OK.
7. If you’re taking a walk with your girlfriend, what is better? Holding hands or linking arms?
A: Holding hands.
8. What do you wear when you go to bed?
A: I sleep in my favorite pajamas.
9. What is your treasure?
A: My family, the dogs that I raise. And my own self is also my treasure.
10. What is your favorite book?
A: Joachim de Posada’s “The Giant, Peter: A Journey to Find Meaning in Life.”
11. If a girl could give you a message, what words would make you happy?
A: “You are the best!” is a simple phrase that would make me happy.
12. What is an item you bought recently that you’ve been really interested in?
A: My cap with “Coca-Cola” on it. When I saw it, I just thought, “Ah that’s really cute!” and bought it immediately. And then I kept wearing it while uploading photos in SNS that people started asking, “what is that cap?” LOL
13. What is your favorite food?
A: Italian! I also love Japanese food!
14. When you go out, what item should definitely be in your bag?
A: Tablet, wallet, and script!
15. What is your favorite word?
A: “Kakkoii!” (Cool!) When I’m told this word, it gives a feeling of happiness
16. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
A: First , I drink a glass of water, then I put on the music, and then take a shower!
17. What is your ideal type of girl?
A: Someone who matches well with me in various ways! For example, having the same hobby.
18. How do you spend the time in your room?
A: I often use my tablet for drama or film viewing and music appreciation.
19. When do you update in SNS?
A: When I buy clothes or something, I upload them in SNS. When I go shopping, I always worry and think about which things to buy. I worry about a lot, so all the clothes I buy are important. That’s why I upload them in SNS, I thoroughly make use of it/them.
21. What is your weak point?
A: I hate injections!
22. What is a part of you that you are secretly proud of?
A: My cute side, I guess? (LOL)
23. What is the most important thing in life for you?
A: Eating delicious food! I think the most important thing in living is eating delicious food (LOL). I never really understood it.
24. What would you give your girlfriend on your first anniversary?
A: I might be asked, “But it’s our first anniversary (only)?” but I would want to give a “ring” in which a lot of my feelings are poured in.
25. What is your favorite season?
A: the warm and genial spring and the easy-to-spend but a bit miserable autumn
26. What is your special skill?
A: I’m able to properly show the people around me who I am? Maybe (LOL)
27. What Korean food would you recommend to your Japanese fans?
A: I guess the food cart taste I’m very familiar with: tteokbokki with soondae.
28. What is your favorite number?
A: 7. Don’t say something like “lucky seven”~? Also it’s the favorite number of the people around me.
29. What is your favorite animal?
A: I really love animals! So I don’t have a favorite. I love everyone!
30. When you were studying, what subjects were you good at?
A: Language in Society (社会に国語) and English [t/n: not sure about the translation of the 1st one]
31. When you were studying, what subjects were you weak in?
A: Math and science
32. Which do you prefer, roller coaster or haunted house?
A: I don’t really prefer either but…if I’m asked to endure one, I guess it’s roller coaster.
33. What is your favorite color?
A: I like all colors!
34. What is your favorite movie?
A: Notting Hill.
35. How would you invite a girl you like to a date?
A: I will quietly, secretly invite her (LOL)
36. Are you the type of person who eats his favorite food first or last? (In Korea, you have different types of food during the meal^^)
A: I’m the type who eats the stuff I like first.
37. What is your favorite sport?
A: Waterskiing and aerial yoga.
38. What is your favorite scent?
A: I like the natural smell of wood as well as Gypsy Water (a perfume by Byredo). [t/n: Gypsy Water boasts an outdoor, forest fragrance and has incorporated the scent of vanilla, pine needles, juniper, lemon, and sandalwood in its scent]
39. If your girlfriend were to cook for you, what dish would you like her to cook?
A: I’d want Italian dishes that I love.
40. What do you usually buy in a convenience store?
A: Gum and mouthwash
41. What was your childhood dream?
A: To be a singer or artist.[t/n: by artist, I think he meant more like a visual artist –painter, etc.]
42. What is the thing you’d definitely want to do before you die?
A: Get married! If I could I’d want to get married late but definitely, I want to try to get married.
43. What did you eat last night for dinner?
A: A mutton/lamb dish.
44. What is the food you dislike the most?
45. What are you most interested in recently?
A: I’ve been interested in waterskiing for ten years now. Actually, in middle school, I was a waterskii player. I don’t really have a “sports image” and mostly it’s just by my skill and different from sports (LOL). When I have free time, there are times when I take a ride before our schedules.
46. (Q from SWJ): What is the thing you definitely must buy when in Japan?
A: Ka◎Ka◎ Lemon! It’s really a new world. I love it so much! Also, “nure mask (moist mask)”. When my friends saw some that I bought, they told me to buy for them so when I’m in Japan I definitely buy them to take home (LOL)
Shawols/Lockets, that was Kim Kibum!
How much do you have in common? 😉