cr: to the owner
Name: Kim Jonghyun
Birthday: April 8th, 1990 in Seoul, South Korea
Biography: Jonghyun has been active in music since he was in junior high school. He was in a band and participated in many festivals in his area. In his band, he was not a vocalist but a bassist. The band’s name was “Zion” and during one of its shows, he was scouted by SM. Jonghyun was discovered at the 2005 S.M. Casting System.
Random facts/Q&As from Seek Magazine in September of 2014.
1. What is your favorite color?
A: Black and red.
2. What is the ideal age for you to get married?
A: Around 35 years old? I haven’t really thought about it.
3. What is your favorite number?
A: 7! Of course, it’s lucky seven.
4. What do you wear when going to bed?
A: I only wear the minimum required. (LOL)
5. What is a movie that you’d want to see many times?
A: The anime “Ghost in the Shell”. That anime is my “dream”.
6. What is your current interest/hobby?
A: Watching movies in my room.
7. What hairstyle do you prefer in a girl? Short, bob, semi-long, or long?
A: I think instead of style, it’s more important that the person herself thinks that a certain hairstyle suits her.
8. What if you invited a girl you like to a date, how will you approach her?
A: I think I will invite her straight and outright.
9. What was your dream when you were young?
A: To be a composer.
10. What kind of things are in your room?
A: I have a projector screen in my room for watching movies and anime. However, the screen is so big that it covers my entire window. That’s why my room doesn’t have a window anymore (LOL).
11. What present would you give your girlfriend if you’re celebrating your first anniversary?
A: A diary. In there we would both write our thoughts and experiences and memories. Then sometime later, we’ll look at it together and reminisce.
12. What is your favorite sport?
A: I don’t know much about sports but I like muscle training.
13. When you go out, what item should definitely be in your bag?
A: I don’t carry a bag but I definitely bring my wallet and cellphone.
14. (SWJ Question) Please fill this in: “Even when you see me like this, I’m actually ____.”
A: I’m often told that I’m stylish, but I’m not like that at all. The only stylish things I have are probably the projector and candles. Although I’m happy to be seen as stylish, I’m actually someone with a simple feel (LOL).
15. What is something you want to do before you die?
A: When Taemin tried it out in a show it seemed really fun, so skydiving!
16. What Korean sweets would you recommend to your Japanese fans?
A: Milk tea bingsu. It’s not very sweet so it’s just right! I think girls will like it.
17. If your girlfriend cooks for you, what dish would you like her to cook?
A: I’d want her to make cookies or bread.
18. If a girl could give you a message, what words would make you happy?
A: Instead of a message, it would make me happy if she laughs like she’s having fun when we are talking.
19. What is your favorite animal?
A: Dog! I love dogs.
20. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
A: Listen to music. When I listen to music the first thing in the morning, I’m able to start my day with a good feeling.
21. If you’re taking a walk with your girlfriend, what is better? holding hands or linking arms?
A: I’ll walk with her on piggyback! (LOL)
22. What thing you have recently bought have caught your interest?
A: Lemon-scented candles. Since I cannot use bright lighting in my room, I watch movies by the light of the candle.
23. What is your treasure?
A: The songs we (SHINee) sing, the songs I wrote, the songs I love. All of them are my treasures.
24. What is your type of girl?
A: Someone who can face me honestly.
25. What is your favorite film?
A: American Psycho.
26. What is a movie you’re recently interested in?
A: I bought it but I haven’t watched it yet, it’s called “Her”. I want to watch it soon!
27. How do you spend time in your room?
A: I spend a lot of time listening to music, but I also watch movies a lot.
28. Please tell us your weak point?
A: Singing is my strong point but sometimes it also becomes my weak point.
29. What is a food you dislike?
A: Nothing in particular.
30. What is your favorite scent?
A: Musk scent.
31. What is your charm point?
A: My singing voice!
32. What is your favorite book?
A: Kafka on the Shore (by Haruki Murakami)
33. What do you usually buy in a convenience store?
A: Razors? I don’t usually go to convenience stores…
34. What is your favorite season?
A: Winter. I don’t like warmth, so I love the cold winter.
35. Please tell us about a movie you’ve seen lately.
A: Actually, lately I’ve gone to the movies alone for the first time. It was more fun than I thought. The movie was “Captain America: Winter Soldier.”
36. What is your special skill?
A: Singing songs!
37. What is your favorite food?
A: I don’t have any food that I treat as my favorite. I eat anything!
38. When you were studying, what is the subject you’re good at?
A: Society! (Social studies)
39. What is it that you are actually secretly proud of?
A: Singing… For me, I really think my singing is the best.
40. Which do you prefer, haunted house or roller coaster?
A: I’ve tried both of them so I’m okay with either~.
41. Are you the type of person who eats his favorite food first or last? (In Korea, there are different types of food during a meal^^)
A: It depends on what I feel when I’m already eating.
42. When you were studying, what subject were you weak at?
A: Math and English.
43. What SHINee song would you recommend to lift someone’s spirit when they’re feeling down?
44. What did you eat last night for dinner?
A: Roasted quail.
45. What is your favorite word?
A: Respect for individuality.
Shawols (especially, Blingers), that was our dear Kim Jonghyun!
What do you think? 😉