cr: to the owner
Name: Onew (Lee Jinki)
Birthday: December 14th, 1989 in Gwangmyeong, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Biography: Onew was discovered at the 2006 S.M. Academy Casting. Onew received great appreciation from Lee Soo Man, SM Entertainment’s founder, at a Girls’ Generation’s debut showcase. Lee Soo Man noticed him and wanted to hear Onew sing during a “one time/on the spot” audition. He signed the contract with SM the next day. Onew graduated from the Gwangmyeong Information Industry High School. In his senior year in high school, Onew had ranked as the second top student in his grade! He attended Chungwoon University, his major being broadcasting music, and graduated in 2013.
Random facts/Q&As from Seek Magazine in September of 2014.
1. What kind of book are you currently interested in?
A: A book on world cultures. I have a deep understanding of our country as compared to what I know of the world. So I thought that I should learn about the different ways of thinking of the rest of the world that I don’t know. That’s why I read it.
2. What kind of movies do you like?
A: I love horror films!
3. When you were in school, what is the subject you’re weak at?
4. When you were in school, what is the subject you’re best at?
5. If your girlfriend cooks for you, what dish would you like her to cook?
A: Dakdolitang! (Spicy simmered chicken and vegetables)
6. What is your ideal type in a girl?
A: A girl with a cute aura.
7. Which hairstyle do you prefer in a girl? Short, bob, semi-long, or long?
A: Short hair.
8. What is your favorite number?
A: 2. I feel like it has a sense of stability.
9. If a girl could give you a message, what words would make you happy?
A: I would be happy if I were told, “Your voice is really beautiful.”
10. What Korean dish would you recommend to your Japanese fans?
A: Samgyetang. (Chicken ginseng soup)
11. What SHINee song would you recommend to lift someone’s spirit when they’re feeling down?
A: 3 2 1
12. What if you invited a girl you like to a date, how will you approach her?
A: I think that instead of asking her out boldly, I will do it secretly and in private (LOL).
13. Recently, is there anything that made you feel happy or energetic?
A: I took a walk after a long time! The trees were so green, and when I saw them I can feel the nature. The wind also felt really nice.
14. What is your treasure?
A: My family, myself, my fans. And the people around me who support me.
15. What is your favorite (Japanese) word?
A: Smile. Because a smiling face is the best.
16. What is your recent favorite fashion item?
A: Fedora hats.
17. What is a food you dislike?
18. What is your favorite smell?
A: The smell of trees. They have a calming feeling.
19. What is your ideal age to get married?
A: I wonder how old would be good…about 35 years old? (LOL)
20. What is your latest hobby/game that interests you?
A: Bowling! I even bought my ball! I’m thinking of seriously doing it (LOL).
21. What is your special skill?
A: Hmm..ttakbam (LOL) (Ttakbam is a finger flick on the forehead)
22. What is your favorite food?
A: Chicken! I love chicken! I like any dish with chicken!
23. What is a book you like?
A: Poetry. It is an accumulation of unsaid feelings and is easy to read.
24. How do you relieve stress?
A: I guess this is also by walking. Like, taking a walk through a place I’ve never ventured before. Since it’s a place I’m unfamiliar with, I become observant of the things around me and it’s exciting, discovering a lot of new things. With that, my mood becomes better. I recommend it to everyone!
25. What is your charm point?
A: My voice!
26. What is the most interesting dream you had?
A: Hmm..I forgot. LOL! I may have had dreams but I don’t really remember them?
27. What did you eat last night?
28. If you’re taking a walk with your girlfriend, what is better? Holding hands or linking arms?
A: Holding hands would be better, I think~
29. What present would you give your girlfriend if you’re celebrating your first anniversary?
A: Hmm…what would be nice? …Will you give me suggestions? (LOL)
30. What is your weak point?
A: I get easily influenced by other people’s opinions.
31. What is something you want to do before you die?
A: Something that seems to feel really good–Skydiving!
32. What do you wear when you sleep?
A: T-shirt and shorts.
33. What is your dream when you were young?
A: To be a scientist or architect.
34. When you go out, what item should definitely be in your bag?
A: My phone, wallet, and room keys.
35. What is the first thing you do upon waking up?
A: Check the time.
36. What is something that you are secretly proud of?
A: No matter what I’m going to start doing or no matter where I am going, I always prepare for it.
37. Which do you prefer, roller coaster or haunted house?
A: If I can choose, then roller coaster.
38. What is your favorite sport?
A: Favorite sport, I don’t have one (LOL).
39. What do you buy in a convenience store?
A: I often buy sweets or drinks.
40. Are you the type of person who eats his favorite food first or last? (In Korea, for dinner there are different types of food for the meal, that’s why it was asked^^)
A: Either. It depends on what I feel during that time.
41. How do you spend time in your room?
A: If there is time, I sleep a lot.
42. What is your favorite animal?
43. What is your favorite color?
44. What is your favorite season?
A: Although they pass by easily, spring and autumn.
45. (Q from SWJ): Onew-san always has a smiling face, but if a problem comes up, what do you do to calm yourself down?
A: First, I sleep (LOL). But I don’t sleep to forget about it. I sleep mainly to”reset” and regain my presence of mind. Then I think it over again, what I lacked/missed and what I need to do.
And that is Lee Jinki, ladies and gentleman! ^^ Don’t you love him?
Shawols (MVPs, especially), feel free to go crazy with your Onew love and leave comments below 😉 I would love to know what you’re thinking, right now! And how much does Onew have in common with you? 😉