cr: to the owner
Name: Choi Minho
Birthday: December 9th, 1991 in Incheon, South Korea
Biography: Minho was discovered at the 2006 S.M. Casting System. Minho graduated from Konkuk University’s affiliated high school on February 10th, 2010. After taking the college admissions test the previous year, he was admitted in 2010 to Konkuk’s part-time admittance for the arts and culture film major where he is currently attending. His father, Choi Yun-kyum, is a well-known South Korean soccer coach. He has an older brother named Choi Minseok.
Random facts/Q&As from Seek Magazine in September of 2014.
1. Which hairstyle do you prefer (in a girl)? Short, bob, semi-long, or long?
A: Long hair.
2. What is the ideal age for you to get married?
A: It would be the time when I’ve prepared on taking responsibilities for a lot of things, as well as the time when I’ve found someone that is precious to me.
3. What SHINee song would you recommend to lift someone’s spirit when they’re feeling down?
A: Lucky Star
4. What present would you give your girlfriend if you’re celebrating your first anniversary?
A: I would create a song and video with my message in them as a present!
5. If SHINee were a soccer team, what kind of team would they be?
A: They now know about soccer strategies, so I think we will be a defense team. A four-member defense team (LOL) and maybe a counter-attack one, too!
6. If you are to create a soccer team out of SHINee?
A: Onew will be the steadfast (main) defender of the defense team, Jonghyun will be the left fullback, Taemin will be the winger. Key will be….benched! Key hates balls. I’ve never seen someone who hates balls like that. Even though I don’t have a keeper, I think I have all the important positions, I definitely won’t let Key in! LOL!
7. If your girlfriend cooks for you, what dish would you like her to cook?
A: As long as she makes it for me, anything she cooks will make me happy!
8. What is your favorite color?
A: Black and white. I like simple (colors)!
9. What is your favorite animal?
10. What are your favorite movies?
A: Iron Man and A Bittersweet Life.
11. What is your favorite number?
A: 10! When I was young and starting soccer, my first number was 10. I was so happy then so 10 has always been a number I like.
12. What is something you’re currently interested in?
A: Soccer and basketball! Ever since, I’ve been doing them occasionally, but recently I try to play every day. In Korea I practice soccer every day to become better at it.
13. What is your type of girl?
A: I like girls who are kind and pure/innocent, I think?
15. What if you invited a girl you like to a date, how will you approach her?
A: I’ll invite her saying, “Hey, let’s go out for a drive and watch a movie!”
16. What is your treasure?
A: A bracelet that I always wear!
17. Please tell us about your weak point.
A: I lose my cool/get angry over small things.
18. If a girl could give you a message, what words would make you happy?
A: Whatever words that she has thought of for me, any words from her will make me happy.
19. What is your special skill?
A: Soccer, of course!
20. What is your favorite (Japanese) word?
A: “Saikou” (best/supreme) and “Otsukaresama!” (Good work/job, etc). I like hearing everyone say “otsukaresama” whenever we finished something.
21. What is your charm point?
A: My big eyes.
22. What do you wear when you go to bed?
A: I wear the minimum necessary stuff and sleep (LOL).
23. What thing you have recently bought have caught your interest?
A: My cap and soccer shoes. The design is cute and gives me a moment of happiness when I look at it.
24. What is your favorite season?
A: Summer! The sun and the sea makes me feel energetic!
25. What Korean food would you recommend to your Japanese fans?
A: Ganjanggejang (raw crabs marinated in soy sauce)! It’s really delicious and I recommend it!
26. What is a dream you’ve recently had?
A: Dream? Hm…yeah I’ve been dreaming a lot recently, most of them are dreams of daily life that connects to reality. But I definitely don’t remember them LOL.
27. What do you usually do in your room?
A: I surf the net or sleep.
28. What was your dream when you were young?
A: To be a soccer player, of course.
29. What are your favorite sports?
A: Soccer and basketball!
30. What is your favorite book?
A: I like self-enlightenment books, so I read them once in a while.
31. When you were in school, what is the subject you’re weak at?
32. What do you do to raise your tension/motivation lately?
A: Lately, the weather has been good, so when I go for a drive, I feel really nice. I also like doing something. When I’m taking a break, I like anything that would involve moving my body.
33. What do you do the moment you wake up?
A: I check the time and check my messages so I have to have the phone in my hand first.
34. What is it that you are actually secretly proud of?
A: My memory power! I have confidence in that!
35. What is a food you dislike?
A: None! I eat anything.
36. What is your favorite food?
A: Ramen and yukgaejang (spicy Korean stew/soup dish with beef, scallions, and other ingredients)
37. What is your favorite scent?
A: The scent of flowers.
38. When you were in school, what subject are you good at?
A: Physical education, of course! Also, Chinese lessons.
39. Are you the type of person who eats his favorite part/food first or last? (In Korea, there’s different types of food during the meal^^)
A: I eat my favorite parts first.
40. Which do you prefer? Roller coaster or haunted house?
A: Either is okay! I have confidence LOL
41. If you’re taking a walk with your girlfriend, what is better? Holding hands or linking arms?
A: Holding hands is better.
42. When you go out, what item should definitely be in your bag?
A: MP3 player, earphones, wallet.
43. What do you usually buy in a convenience store?
A: Gum or drinks
44. What is something you want to do before you die?
A: Travel around the world!
45. What did you have for dinner last night?
A: I had shabu-shabu with friends! It was delicious!
46. (From SWJ) What flavor of Garigarikun (ice popsicle) would you want to eat? Right now there’s a neapolitan flavor (Yokohama pasta) and a corn potage flavor~.
A: Eh? There are flavors like that? Hmm…as for me I still like the simple soda-flavored one (LOL). Also before I also ate the one with chocolate inside, that was delicious, too! I really want to eat that again. Simple is the best! (LOL)
That was Choi Minho, Shawols and Flamers!
Any thoughts to share? 😀